This early 19th century building was once known as Mr Douglas's Inn and then as the Harrow. It was renamed for the visit to Jedburgh of Queen Victoria in 1867 when her retinue dined here. Notice the carriage pend on the left. Nearby was the house where Robert Burns lodged during his visit in 1787, when he was made a Freeman of the Royal Burgh.
« Back to map